Re: Re: Re: Re: KDVS Presents declares Fall 2010 FEATS OF STRENGTH!
Posted by DJ Rick on 2010-10-16 2:40:48am

Sorry about the tone of my response to "Whistleblower". I was bitter about the fact that someone posted that from KDVS while I was in the next room over doing my weekly radio show, and seemed to go through some trouble so that I might discover that it had happened right under my nose. That just seemed a little too close to home for such mad disrespect to come my way.

As explained elsewhere, I gave the band the opportunity to choose the larger Sol Collective, but they chose the smaller Hub for its intimacy. They made the choice. So, do you still wanna criticize the choice. They made it for a reason.

Concerning your assertion that I book the same bands on every bill...sorry, but I think you're missing something lately. This month is only half over, and I've had four local openers who made their Hub debuts. The Sept/Oct-2009-of-G. Green was last year while too many other bands were being extra-difficult to spring shows out of. Can't you forgive me for that? You haven't heard me encouraging participation? I'm getting progress reports from bands working toward playing their first shows. I think people are gonna be pleased with these new seedlings once they sprout.

:heyman, we all think you're the bomb, but come on... don't get defensive... this person is telling it like it is. it is extortion, for what this that is being represeted... a little more sensitivity for someone who would like to go, but can't because it wasn't booked at a proper venue... the hub packed is no picnic... you work hard, everyone appreciates your work, but expect the criticism and use it... love ya man, but just listen and save the retorts for people who don't attend the shows. this area is impovershed, why isn't there alternatives of acts coming through here? there is no representation from the region to elicit interest for folks to stop by, right? so why keep treading stale water? get different bands to represent sacramento instead of putting the same bands on every bill... encourage participation.
::
::Hey, anonymous whistleblower....Did you leave Undietacos up on this computer so that I'd find it and know it was you? I can't decide if you're bold or cowardly, or just contradictory. Or bitter 'cos you waited to late to get those tickets. Good luck at raffles.
:::
:::this is fucking extortion of the scene!
::::
::::KDVS presents Feats of Strength
::::This is the first of three KDVS Presents shows in three consecutive nights this week at The Hub (Thursday, Friday, and Saturday). I will be giving a single Wild Flag/Grass Widow (Wed 11/17, SOLD OUT!) ticket away at each show by staging a free raffle. Every paid attendee at each show will receive a raffle ticket for the drawing at the night's end. When we have a consecutive streak of particularly awesome shows, we like to call that "Feats of Strength". If anyone attends all three shows, they will be entered into a raffle at the Saturday show to win a pair of Wild Flag/Grass Widow tickets plus a sweep of the merch table on Saturday (one copy of each new record by each band, plus the Grass Widow LP), and shall be named winner of "Feats of Strength - Fall 2010". These tickets will be transferable, so even if you purchased Wild Flag tix, you can win 'em, too.
::::1st Feat: Thu 10/14
::::H.P.P. (Olympia, WA)
::::+ RAPE WHISTLE (ladypower HC/thrash)
::::& SQUIDZ (ex-Pisol Pete)
::::2nd Feat: Fri 10/15
::::Sex Church (Canada)
::::(waning)
::::Satan Wriders (Stockton)
::::3rd Feat: Sat 10/16
::::Malaikat Dan Singa (feat. Arrington de Dionysio; it's basically Old Time Relijun interpreting Indonesian pop)
::::Buk Buk Bigups
::::San(s) Kazakgascar
::::For more info, see calendar.
:
: